Travel Enrollment

Travel enrollment

All members of the Princeton University community, including faculty and staff, are required to enroll the details of domestic and international University-sanctioned travel with the Global Safety & Security (GS&S) office.

To meet this requirement, travelers must use the 'Enroll My Trip' tool.

Click here to get started enrolling a trip.

Download the Quick Start Guide

"Enroll My Trip" Tool FAQ

Yes, all members of the Princeton University community are required to enroll the details of their University-sanctioned travel. This includes all University-sanctioned travel by students, faculty, and staff, whether domestic or international. If you are unsure if you must enroll the details of a trip, please contact GS&S ( for guidance.

If you experience difficulties logging into the tool with your Princeton NetID, you can request assistance through the Service Now portal. For all other assistance, you can reach out to the Global Safety & Security unit via email at

On average, it takes about 20 minutes to review and complete a travel registration. You can save your progress at any time and return to complete the process later, if necessary.

For system and privacy reasons, only some of your personal data is replicated in the "Enroll my Trip" tool from Tiger Hub or PeopleSoft, and we need to verify some of your information the first time you log into the system.

Providing GS&S an up-to-date emergency contact is one critical way you can ensure that we will be able to give you the best support possible should you experience a crisis while traveling. Because we understand that the contact you might want to provide for travel-related issues might be different than the one(s) you may have listed in other University contexts, we ask you to supply this information manually in your profile and check it prior to every trip.

The simplest way is to book your trip through Concur or World Travel, or forward an itinerary by email to This will automatically create a new trip enrollment record for you, and you may then access and complete the process from your trips dashboard when you log in on the site.

Yes, you can create a new trip record and manually input your travel information by clicking on the “+ADD NEW TRIP” button once you have logged in and reached the dashboard screen.

Yes, if the tool indicates you must. Any Princeton community member (student, faculty, or staff) engaging in University-sponsored international travel must answer the Export Control questions, as part of the University's obligation to inform travelers of export control regulations. This is a critical step to protect individuals and the institution from violations and exposure to civil and criminal penalties. If you have additional questions or concerns about Export Controls please reach out to ORPA – Export Controls Office.

Once you have completed all relevant steps for your type of travel, you will receive an email indicating you have completed your enrollment. Once you have this email, you have met the enrollment requirement. For most types of travel, provided you have complied with other approval requirements in the pandemic permissible travel guidelines, you do not need and will not receive any additional approval from GS&S.

If you are unsure whether you have completed enrollment or do not receive the completion email, you can check the status of a trip record by selecting it from your dashboard: Successfully completed records will not have any red exclamation points in the list of required steps.

Yes. You can log in and make any necessary changes to your trip records at any time, including while traveling. Some changes may trigger additional steps in the enrollment process, but the tool will inform you of this when you enter your changes.

Yes! If you are leading or organizing a university-sanctioned group trip please reach out to GS&S via email for more information -