Travel Enrollment

Under the current pandemic permissible travel guidelines, members of the Princeton University community are required to enroll the details of certain types of allowable travel with the Global Safety & Security (GS&S) unit.

The following travel must be enrolled:

  • All Princeton University affiliates: All permissible and properly approved international and domestic University-sponsored travel.

  • Undergraduates: For those subject to the social contract, all approved personal travel outside of Mercer County or Plainsboro Township.

  • Graduate Students: For those studying on campus, regardless of residence, all non-routine, overnight personal travel outside of New Jersey (or the state in which they are residing while studying on campus).

Faculty and Staff who are approved to work on campus are encouraged - but not required - to register non-routine, overnight personal travel outside their state of residence. 

To meet these requirements, travelers must use the 'Enroll My Trip' tool.

Click here to get started enrolling a trip.


Download the Quick Start Guide


"Enroll My Trip" Tool FAQ

Is registration mandatory?

Yes, under the current pandemic permissible travel guidelines, members of the Princeton University community are required to enroll the details of certain types of allowable travel with the Global Safety & Security (GS&S) unit. This includes all University-sponsored travel by anyone (student, faculty, or staff) and some types of approved personal travel for undergraduate students subject to the social contract. If you are unsure if you must enroll the details of a trip, please contact GS&S ( for guidance.

How can I get help using the 'Enroll My Trip' tool?

If you experience difficulties logging into the tool with your Princeton NetID, you can request assistance through the Service Now portal.

For all other assistance, you can reach out to the Global Safety & Security unit via email at

How long will it take to complete the trip enrollment process?

On average, it takes about 20 minutes to review and complete a travel registration. You can save your progress at any time and return to complete the process later, if necessary.

Why do I need to complete a profile before starting if I am logging in using my Princeton NetID?

For system and privacy reasons, only some of your personal data is replicated in the "Enroll my Trip" tool from Tiger Hub or PeopleSoft, and we need to verify some of your information the first time you log into the system.

Why do I need to provide or update my emergency contact information?

Providing GS&S an up-to-date emergency contact is one critical way you can ensure that we will be able to give you the best support possible should you experience a crisis while traveling. Because we understand that the contact you might want to provide for travel-related issues might be different than the one(s) you may have listed in other University contexts, we ask you to supply this information manually in your profile and check it prior to every trip.

How do I start the process of enrolling the details of a trip?

The simplest way is to book your trip through Concur or World Travel, or forward an itinerary by email to This will automatically create a new trip enrollment record for you, and you may then access and complete the process from your trips dashboard when you log in on the site.

Am I able to start the trip enrollment process if I have not booked my travel yet?

Yes, you can create a new trip record and manually input your travel information by clicking on the “+ADD NEW TRIP” button once you have logged in and reached the dashboard screen.

Do I need to answer the Export Control questions?

Yes, if the tool indicates you must. Any Princeton community member (student, faculty, or staff) engaging in University-sponsored international travel must answer the Export Control questions, as part of the University's obligation to inform travelers of export control regulations. This is a critical step to protect individuals and the institution from violations and exposure to civil and criminal penalties. If you have additional questions or concerns about Export Controls please reach out to ORPA – Export Controls Office.

How do I know I have successfully completed the enrollment process and met the enrollment requirement? Will I receive approval to travel for the tool or GS&S?

Once you have completed all relevant steps for your type of travel, you will receive an email indicating you have completed your enrollment. Once you have this email, you have met the enrollment requirement. For most types of travel, provided you have complied with other approval requirements in the pandemic permissible travel guidelines, you do not need and will not receive any additional approval from GS&S.

If you are unsure if you have completed an enrollment or do not receive the completion email, you can check the status of a trip record by selecting it from your dashboard: completed records will not have any red exclamation points in the list of required steps.

Am I able to update or add details to my previously completed trip record?

Yes. You can log in and make any necessary changes to your trip records at any time, including while traveling. Some changes may trigger additional steps in the enrollment process, but the tool will inform you of this when you enter your changes.

Is there a feature that allows me to enroll a group trip easily?

Although the "Enroll my Trip" tool will support easy group-trip enrollments, at this time, that feature is disabled. Current travel guidelines prohibit University-sponsored group travel, including for student activities, research, conferences, faculty-led groups, and any other University-related purpose. We will provide further information on the group-trip enrollment process when group travel is again permitted.